Wednesday, 6 March 2013

5 months off the steroids.

Today  marks  5  months  of  being  steroid  free .Every  month  so  far  has  brought  different conditions ,skin  wise , So  today  i  think  i  would  like  to  just  be  brief and  say  that "STOPPING USING STEROID CREAMS IS  THE BEST  DECISION I  HAVE  EVER  MADE".

There  have  been  times  that  i  could  have  thrown  in  the  towel but  looking  back  now  ,those  times  were  brief moments  of frustration and  angst .

Even  though  i  still  have  a  way  to  go and   still  think that  i  am  looking  at  around  18 months until i  am healed , I FEEL  BETTER  NOW  THAN  I  HAVE  DONE  IN  YEARS .

The  most  important  thing i  wanted  to  say  was , To  anyone  who  isnt sure  whether to  stop  using  steroids and  go  through  the  withdrawel , (1) just  think  how  bad  things  are now ?(2) can you see any  benifits  using  steroids and  is  your  treatment  working ?

these  are the  two  questions  i  asked  myself  before  i  quit . Things  were  bad and  i  couldnt  see  in  any way  how  my  skin  would  get  better .I thought  that i  would  have  to  live  like  that  for  the  rest  of  my  life .Even  my doctor  said  that thing  wouldnt  get  any  better  .

5 Months  in and  i  can  see massive  improvements in  my  skins  condition .Slowly  but  surely  i  am  HEALING .

                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment