Tuesday, 21 January 2014

pics update - nearly 16 months .

                                               coming  out  off 2nd major  flare at  15 months
                                                 surprise  photo . lol
                                                          today
                                              massive  improvments  in  hands  except  for  bad  boil  like  thing  on  left  hand  .had  one  of  these  on  my  right  hand  which  took  time  to  go  . but  cant  see  now

                                             today - best  day  since  2nd major  flare
                                                       redder  than  it  actualy  is
                                                     still a  bit  sore but  improving  by  the  day .

                                                   what  a  difference nearly  16 months  make  .

4 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful my friend!!
    Thanks for your comment on ITSAN forum, I am getting through it but the last 2months have been hell, hardly any skin on my neck, shoulders, and arms.
    Glad you are on the mend matey, your skin is looking a normally healthy colour, but wondering is it still dry?
    Mine is like the desert!!
    Take care
    Siegfried x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sieg
    Thanks for the compliment haha . Never been called beautiful before and it made my mrs laugh .Sorry to hear that your still in the thick of it mate , Its pure torture isnt it ? but you will get through it for sure .My skin is stil very dry as well mate but its localised now . Neck and chest are the dryest stlll but not as dry as when i was at the stage you are at so if you need proof then its there to see . I had my second wave of flaring though and that started in late september ,early october , and its just subsiding now , i hope . Since about two weeks ago my skin seems to have recovered by the day and on the photo you can see the results mate . Softer , less inflamed , more natural looking skin . My hands are still very dry but they dont feel as bad as before . I have a couple of large spot like boils on my hands atm . I had these when the first wave hit me and they take a good few months to disapear totaly , dont hurt as much though . To give you some idea on moisture levels mate , when the withdrawel started i switched from diprobase cream to vaseline . I was getting through 2 1000g tubs of diprobase a week just to keep me feeling as though my skin was comftable . now i am only using 1 TUB of vaseline every three weeks . I am only using it on my face (thin layer that i apply twice a day) , neck and hands . I have been using my grease usage as a guide to how dry my skin feels because you get to a point when you cant remember how dry your skin was before you quit the roids . You must be at about month 7 now ? and judging on how my symptoms went i would say that you are due a break soon mate . I hope so anyway . I would say though mate that it is worth trying to get on the vaseline because i think it realy has hepled my recovery and still is . But we are all different in whats the right thing for us personaly though , just give it a thought . Keep the cold towels going and get as much sleep as you possibly can . Even an hour in the day helps mate . Good to hear from you Sieg , God bless ya mate , keep going , take it a day at a time . Cheers J .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the "beautiful" compliment, there is a first time for everything fella!! Ha ha
    Made your day by the sounds of it!!!
    Typing this message on my iPhone so apologise for any errors (bloody predictive text)!
    Yes mate I am fast approaching month 7 (1st February ), it hasn't been easy. Don't get me wrong it hasn't been all bad, I have had my share of breaks but they have been for days only and few and far between.
    I moved out of the family home mid July last year and moved in with my parents whilst going through the worst of it, packed up work, sold my taxi to help finance things etc etc.
    Went through the first 3 months of hell, I won't bore you with the details as you know what I mean, and things seemed to get better. Legs were the first to heal, well the redness anyway, then my torso front and back.
    I am currently suffering on only the areas I applied the most steroids over the years, the redness and normal skin has a dividing line, it's most strange it looks like someone has started to paint me in pink paint from my face down to my chest got bored and stopped, ha ha!!! I see it as a positive though, I presume the rest of me, all be it itchy and dry has healed, fingers crossed!!
    Vaseline.....I started using it at the start of December mate as my face was so so sore and it would no longer tolerate diprobase or cetraben. I find the Vaseline is a lot better and like you only use it on my face neck and hands, I'm not copying, honest!!!
    Being off work mate and not socialising, not going out and not doing the normal day to day stuff for the best part if 5months was soul destroying. I have always been active, dashing around and being life and soul of the party but this TSW really hit me for six and completely knocked my confidence, so much so that I couldn't leave the house due to panic attacks and anxiety etc!!
    It got to the point that I would hide my self in the bedroom when visitors came round and as for Christmas, well that was spent mostly alone, couldn't even bring myself to see my kids.
    I knew I was in a dark place and needed help and my wife organised for me to see a hynotherpist who came highly recommended . I have never believed in anything like that john but to be honest I wasn't in the right frame of mind to argue with her and went along. Well, after just one 1hour session I was picking the kids up from school, shopping and etc, back to my normal self......my wife is regretting it now!!! Ha ha.
    Have seen him a few other times for confidence levels and self image etc, I am now a believer!!!
    So....that's where I am at for the moment fella, start back to work on the 1st Feb.
    Hope I haven't bored you too much matey
    Thanks again for all your support and advice it really is appreciated.
    I hope you continue to heal rapidly and that this latest big flare will be your last.
    Take care mate, stay in touch.

    Love,light & peace
    Siegfried x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the bit were you say "someone started to paint you and got bored " , haha , great description mate . I went through the non socialising thing and it nearly killed me so i just grit my teeth and got myself back into it . pleased that the hypnotherapist helped you mate because it realy makes a difference being around people and trying to keep as normal as possible . sounds like youve got a great family supporting you as well . good luck with starting work again mate and hope it gets a little easier for you . we'll have to pick 3 numbers each and do a line on the lotto mate haha . never work again haha . always here if you need to vent off mate
    cheers John .

    ReplyDelete