Wednesday, 30 October 2013

nearly 13 months in

and  this  rebound  or  second  wave  flare  hasnt  subsided and  it  feels  like  it  gathering  momentum . seriously  deflating to  be  back  in  the  mire of  tsw . My hands  are  the  worst  theyve  been  since  month  4  . my  face  and  neck are  fluctuating with  mini flares  that  come  on   suddenly . the  deep  itch  is  back  on  my  chest  and  forearms . last  week  the  skin  on  my  feet  peeled  off  like  the  way  you  peel  an  orange . joints  are  aching  again  and  glands  are  slightly  swolen  .  i  could  go  on  with   more  symptoms  but  i  just  cant  be  bothered  . this  is  a  real  setback  . i  knew  it  was  going  to  happen  and  i  prepared  myself mentaly  but  its  a  hard  place  to  be  when  youve  felt  better  for  a  few  months  .

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are in a difficult place. My husband is in week one of this TSW journey after 25 years of topical and oral steroids. I know we have a long difficult road ahead. I don't know if you've heard of psychodermatology. They address the mind/body connection. Don't know if it will help but I doubt it could hurt. I plan on getting my husband hooked up with a psychodermatologist in our area because I know it's going to be a long difficult road. I thank you for sharing your journey... it's helpful to read and know we are not alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link to an article on psychodermatology:
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/skin-deep/201004/can-psychodermatology-help-my-eczema

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi johnboy.
    sorry to hear that you are still suffering mate. As you know i was unable to log onto your blog, not sure what happened there, so i would have been in touch earlier.
    I started my withdrawal on the 1st July as i had planned and i am suffering as you can well imagine.
    I haven't started blogging yet as i didn't have the strength or the enthusiasm to start, i need a kick up the backside.
    have been keeping records of how i feel and have been taking photos so i may start putting it all down on my blog soon!
    Take care fella and hope your latest flare is short and that you return to enjoying normal skin soon!!

    Siegfried
    www.35yearsofhell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sieg
    Sorry for the late reply mate . Loads going on here . I'm so glad that you went for it mate and i can imagine that things have been realy tough for you . Ive been in that place mate and it sucks . So now , you must be nearly five months in and i hope that the initial flare is begining to calm down slightly ? . I hope so anyway . I remember that it was at the 5 month stage , that i began to feel a little bit better . T he itch subsided a bit and i wasnt as red as i was in the first 5 months . So how are you feeling now ? . I hope that you were able to carry on with day to day things as i know that was one of your main concerns . Its one of the worst things about the withdrawel because most people have no choice . Glad to hear you documented it and i look forward to seeing your blog update . The last few days have been a bit better for me and i feel that this rebound flare is on its way out , another stage over with , i hope haha . I hope you are feeling a bit better though and i have to say that when the 5 month is there for you , you will feel a bit of reward for your efforts mate . Just to add mate , this second (rebound flare ) started at month 11 for me and although it brought me down a bit , it is no were near as bad as the initial flare back when i started . The hardest part of it was mentally . I knew it would come but it still got to me just because i had felt so much better for a few months .But like i said ,its not half as bad as the first stage . Keep going mate , your doing a great thing for sure and soon enough we will both be healed from this nightmare that has plagued our lives for so long . God Bless , JB .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon . Its always interesting to hear different approaches to coping with the effects of TSW. In my honest opinion i think that all you can do to help the symptoms is helpfull in its own way . Relaxation and meditation is a great way to ease the suffering we go through . I wish your husband all the very best in his withdrawell process , it will be hard but with support from family and friends he will get through it . God Bless . JB .

    ReplyDelete